MAC Jobs Hub
Lapeer County ― Assistant Finance Director
Lapeer County in the Thumb region of Michigan seeks an Assistant Finance Director
See the full job description.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a closely related field required
- At least four (4) years of progressive experience in general accounting, preferably governmental accounting
- Knowledge of data processing and computerized financial applications
Salary: $21.71 to $27.14 per hour, DOQE, plus all full-time county benefits
How to apply:
Deadline: Open until filled:
Posted: Oct. 18, 2017
Dickinson Area Economic Development Alliance — Director
The Dickinson Area Economic Development Alliance (DAEDA) seeks a highly motivated and bright Director in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
As DAEDA's Director, you are a dynamic community leader bringing vision to and collaborating with public officials, private enterprise and community groups. You possess thorough knowledge of economic development planning and aptly, are a strategic leader who can motivate public and private sectors on challenges facing this region. To be successful in this dynamic role, it will be critical for you to influence, build relationships and persistently explore and uncover new partnership opportunities that benefit the businesses of Dickinson County. This position reports to the DAEDA Board of Directors.
- Develop strategic plans, including an operating budget, based on the economic needs of the area surrounding Dickinson County
- Network with local, state, regional and national organizations, local employers, schools, and social organizations to establish effective working relationships and identify/support economic development opportunities
- Conduct business retention visits and associated follow-up efforts with existing companies in support of their program, incentive and financial needs
- Create by-laws/governance committee to establish principles for operation
- Establish working committees to meet strategic goals for Workforce Development, Infrastructure Improvement, Marketing and Branding
- Design and manage the Dickinson Area Economic Development Alliance website to attract talent, potential developers, and showcase offerings of the Dickinson County area
- Conduct research and analyze data in support of business and economic development efforts
- Understand/monitor local, state & federal legislation relating to business and economic development
- Represent DAEDA at a variety of events
- Present to community groups, public officials, and private enterprise, as needed
- Collaborate with Board to prepare annual budget, financial records, and maintain accountability
- Communicate regularly with the DAEDA Board of Trustees and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business management, public administration, finance, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience in a leadership position
- At least 5 years' proven experience in economic/business development preferred
- Experience with finance, budgeting, long-term management planning, and maintaining accountability
- Proven ability to open doors, network and forge relationships
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills with a record of sound business logic
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary
- Willingness and ability to relocate to the Dickinson County area
Salary: $70,000 to $90,000 annually, DOQE, along with a comprehensive benefit package and incentive plan
How to apply:
Deadline: Open until filled
Posted: Oct. 17, 2017
City of Hamtramck ― City Manager
The City of Hamtramck (pop. 22,423) is the most internationally diverse city per capita in Michigan. The city seeks a City Manager to operate under a Council-Manager form of government. The Council consists of six seats. The mayor is elected separately, and votes only to break ties on ordinances and the budget.
According to the city charter, the City Manager shall be responsible to the council and mayor for the administration of all city affairs. All department heads are under the administration of the city manager.
The city is under the guidance of the State of Michigan Receivership Transition Advisory Board (RTAB) which oversees financial and other decisions made by city council and city management. The RTAB meets monthly with the goal of transitioning the city from state of Michigan oversight back to full local control.
The city has 87 full-time and 20 part-time employees and a budget of approximately $16 million.
Candidates are required to have:
- Minimum of three years' experience as a city manager or assistant city manager in a city with a population of at least 10,000 (required by city charter).
- Be a member of a professional city/county manager association (required by city charter).
- Residence, either existing or post-hire, within a 30-mile radius of the City of Hamtramck (required by city charter).
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or closely related field (master's degree in public administration or related discipline is strongly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of local government issues, including a proven track record in finance, budget preparation, labor relations, grant writing and administration, inter-governmental relations and cross-cultural interactions
- Ability to communicate with elected officials, staff and public in a trustworthy and ethical manner
- Experience working in diverse communities
- Experience in redevelopment, collaboration and economic development
- Ability to think strategically and remain focused on the city's long-term goals, while offering visionary leadership and high energy passion for local government
Salary: $95,000+, DOQE
How to apply:
Apply online at www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment with resume, cover letter, contact information and five (5) professional references to the attention of Jaymes Vettraino, vice president, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Rd., Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Questions: 847-380-3240.
Deadline: Nov. 20, 2017
Posted: Oct. 16, 2017
Emmet County — County Administrator
Under the direction and oversight of the Emmet County Board of Commissioners as a body, the County Administrator serves as the chief administrative and budget officer of the County.
- Performs a wide range of administrative activities that serve to support effective and efficient county government operations
- Advises and assists the Board in planning, policy and operational matters
- Directs and coordinates the administration of county government in accordance with policies and directives issued by the Board as a whole, pursuant to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in public administration or related field required (master's degree preferred)
- Five to seven years of local government management experience required, preferably in County setting
- Substantial knowledge of laws and regulations affecting county government and applicable services and functions
- Solid familiarity of public accounting, budgeting and financial controls
See more details.
How to apply:
OR mail to: Michigan Municipal League, ATTN: Emmet County Search, 1675 Green Road Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Deadline: Oct. 30, 2017
Posted: Oct. 3, 2017
Manistee County — County Administrator/Controller
Manistee County seeks a County Administrator/Controller who will operate under the general direction of a seven-member Board of Commissioners.
This position is responsible for carrying out the directives and policies of the Board. This includes:
- Research and policy development
- Personnel and employee relations
- Budget and financial management, purchasing, data processing, grant funding, and other areas as directed
- Negotiation of labor agreements, handling of grievances and coordination with legal counsel on litigated matters
- Supervision of staff engaged in financial management, personnel and employee relations, as well as the Equalization Director, Housing Administrator, County Planner and Maintenance Supervisor
- Administrative support to the Board
- Master's degree in business or public administration or closely related field
- Eight years of administrative\supervisory experience in local government with responsibility for budgeting, personnel, purchasing, finance, accounting and other administrative areas
- OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
- Valid Michigan Driver's License
Salary: $70, 000 to $85,000, DOQE
How to apply:
Deadline: 4 p.m., Oct. 20, 2017 (The County reserves the right to extend the deadline and/or accept applications until the position is filled.)
Posted: Sept. 21, 2017
Sanilac County — County Administrator/Controller
Sanilac County seeks a County Administrator/Controller who will operate under the general direction of a five-member Board of Commissioners.
The position is responsible for carrying out the directives and policies of the Board. This includes:
- Oversight of daily operations of county government
- Budget and financial management of $33 million budget, including $15 million general fund budget
- Performing research and development activities
- Overseeing personnel and employee relations for 170 employees
- Supervision of staff engaged in providing administrative support to the Board and departments
- Liaison work between departments, other agencies and the Board
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration or related field
- Five years of experience in personnel administration, labor relations and the principles of government organization
- OR any combination of training and experience to meet the responsibilities listed above
Salary: $75,000 to $95,000, DOQE
How to apply:
Deadline: 2 p.m., Oct. 20, 2017 (The County reserves the right to extend the deadline and/or accept applications until the position is filled.)
Posted: Sept. 20, 2017
Kent County ― County Administrator/Controller
Kent County (pop. 642,173) is the most populous Michigan county with an appointed Administrator/Controller, and home to the second largest city in Michigan, Grand Rapids. The County is the central hub of the Grand Rapids-Wyoming Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), which continues to be one of the fastest-growing regions of the United States.
The County is governed by a 19-member Board of Commissioners. The Administrator /Controller is responsible for carrying out the policies set forth by the Board and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the County. The County has approximately 1,700 employees and a combined budget of $342 million ($167 million General Fund). The County's financial position is highly stable, with a AAA bond rating from S&P and Moody's.
The County is most interested in individuals who can think strategically and focus on the County's long-term goals, while maintaining the County's outstanding reputation and financial position.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills and will intentionally engage with the diverse constituencies of the County.
The County values relationships and the next Administrator/Controller will need to be adept at developing positive relationships and embrace the collaborative culture of the community.
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree in public or business administration or related discipline is strongly preferred
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible executive level experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior County management experience is strongly preferred
- Other public management experience is also highly valued
Salary: $150,000 to $170,000, DOQE
How to apply:
Apply online via this portal with resume, cover letter, contact information and five (5) professional references to the attention of Jaymes Vettraino, Vice President, GovHR USA. Tel: 847-380-3240.
Deadline: Oct. 20, 2017
Posted: Sept. 19, 2017
How to post a job
- Summary of position
- List of required and preferred qualifications
- Salary range and other benefits
- Details on how to apply
- Deadline to apply
MAC charges $75 for a 30-day posting, which comes with promotion via our social media channels. Once an ad is posted, MAC will send an invoice for the fee.
Careers in Government
Intern in Michigan