MAC Jobs Hub
South Lyon — City Manager
The City of South Lyon, MI (pop. 11,327) in southwest Oakland County is seeking a City Manager. South Lyon offers a comfortable blend of small town living with easy access to major metropolitan areas and an international airport. Known for its charming downtown, annual festivals, outstanding parks and trails and excellent schools, South Lyon is proud of the high quality of life it offers its residents.
South Lyon is governed under a Council-Manager form of government (ICMA recognized, 1970). The Mayor is elected at large, and the City Council consists of six nonpartisan members. By City Charter, the City Manager is responsible for the proper administration of the affairs of the city and charged with enforcing all laws, ordinances and policies set forth by the City Council. The city has 43 full-time and 33 part-time employees and a General Fund budget of approximately $5.5 million.
- Prepare and administer the annual budget and manage the finances of the community (the city operations include police, fire, community development, finance, budgeting, parks and recreation and public utilities)
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration or closely related field required (master's degree in public administration or related discipline preferred)
- Five or more years of progressively more responsible municipal management experience, preferably as a City Manager and/or Assistant Manager required; or other professional experience comparable to this requirement
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of local government issues, including a proven track record in grant writing and administration, finance, budget preparation, downtown development and labor relations
- Ability to communicate with elected officials, staff and public in a trustworthy and ethical manner
- Experience in leading similar organizations and a track record of effectively working with community partners
- Extensive municipal experience highly desirable
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively, while offering team-oriented leadership and high energy passion for local government
Salary: $95,000 to $105,000, DOQE
How to apply:
Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com with resume, cover letter, contact information and three (3) professional references to the attention of Jaymes Vettraino, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Rd., Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Phone: 847-380-3240. Electronic submissions are required.
Deadline: July 5, 2018
Posted: May 23, 2018
Genesee County Road Commission — Managing Director
The Genesee County Road Commission seeks a strategic and progressive leader with experience in road and bridge construction and maintenance. The Genesee County Road Commission and staff are ready for an individual who is current on trends and proposes strategies and works with stakeholders on implementing new ideas. The position reports to a five-member Executive Board.
- Financial responsibilities required, along with preparing, monitoring and adherence to budget
- Oversees a team of more than 100 individuals
- Manages more than 2,400 miles within 17 townships with an operating budget of $70 million
- Professional travel required
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five current years of experience in a supervision role preferred
- Knowledge of engineering, asset management and team collaboration for creating a healthy work environment
- Proven leadership experience with installment of lifelong learning, performance standards and succession planning
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, plans and policies with consideration of diverse input and opinions through use of a strong organizational skill set
- Self-sufficient in the use of technology for communications and scheduling
- Requisite skills in the areas of project management and strategic planning from a systems-based approach
Salary: See below
How to apply:
The job description is available at www.MSAE.org/GCRC-Executive. Candidates should send a cover letter, salary expectations, resume and eight professional references to:
MSAE/Cheryl Ronk, CAE
Attention: Genesee County Road Commission
1350 Haslett Rd.
East Lansing, MI 48823
Deadline: June 8, 2018
Posted: May 17, 2018
Leelanau County CCA — Building Official
The Leelanau County Construction Codes Authority has an opening for a full-time Building Official. This is a non-union, at-will position.
- Associate's degree, or equivalent, with technical course work related to the building trades, e.g., electrical wiring, plumbing, carpentry
- Minimum of five to seven years' experience as an inspector in the building trades or plan reviewer, or the equivalent
- Certification by the Michigan Construction Code Commission as a Building Official, and an Inspector (in any building trade or discipline) and a Plan Reviewer
- Knowledge and understanding of computer operations; experience working with BS&A program software preferred
- Michigan driver's license with excellent driving record
Salary: Beginning at $62,400.18, with full County benefits
How to apply:
Leelanau County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 4 p.m. on June 11, 2018
Posted: May 15, 2018
How to post a job
- Summary of position
- List of required and preferred qualifications
- Salary range and other benefits
- Details on how to apply
- Deadline to apply
MAC charges $75 for a 30-day posting, which comes with promotion via our social media channels. Once an ad is posted, MAC will send an invoice for the fee.
Careers in Government
Intern in Michigan